Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Can't Believe I Like the New Weezer Song

I've been pretty hard on Rivers Cuomo since his band returned from exile almost 10 years ago, but he's deserved it. Every record since the Green Album has been progressively worse. I don't honestly expect that string will be broken on October 27, when Weezer's seventh album is released. Especially since it's called Raditude. Really.

But damn, I like the single. The lyrics are stupid teen-pop ("I took you to Best Buy, you took me home to meet your mom and dad") and the chorus actually contains the words "I swear it's true, without you my heart is blue." But it's catchy and fun and it makes me want to sing along, as opposed to other recent Weezer singles ("Beverly Hills," "Pork and Beans") that have made me want to stab myself in the face.

It's honest-to-God called "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To," and you can hear it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment