Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Column: Last Prayer for a Man in Black

How does one say goodbye to Johnny Cash?

The Man in Black bowed out in 2003, but this month, we got his final album, American VI: Ain't No Grave. It's a devastating, hopeful, crushing listen, and I love every note. You can read my review, and my attempt at saying farewell to a music legend, this week at tm3am.com.

I also burn through quick reviews of albums by Broken Bells, Gorillaz and Peter Mulvey, with special emphasis on that last one - it's the best Mulvey album in many years. Plus, I reveal my #11 album of the 2000s. It's a lot of words, as usual, but I hope nestled in there are a few nuggets of enjoyment. Or something.

Click on over to read the column, then come back here to leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment