Thursday, June 30, 2011

At Cornerstone

Here I am, here I am... My poor, recently-repaired 2002 Ford Focus made the three-hour trip to Macomb, Illinois, and I'm about to set out for Cornerstone Festival 2011. Today's lineup starts with the inimitable Michael Roe, but I'll actually be spending most of my day at the main stage for the first time... well, ever. It's old-school day here, with Daniel Amos, Randy Stonehill, Rez Band, Phil Keaggy and Petra. Should be a good time. Haven't seen Daniel Amos play since 2001, last saw Phil Keaggy do an acoustic show in Aurora last year, and I've never seen any of the others, despite growing up with Petra and Rez. Time to put up my tolerance shield for Jesus-rock preaching and get on down there. Check back for reflections and reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment