Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New Column: Struggling With Simplicity

Hey all. It's been a while, and I'm sorry. Vacation was wonderful, but I'm back now, nose to the grindstone, and trying to find time to listen to all the music I've bought recently. I hope to have a few more updates in the coming days, and be back in the swing of things by the weekend.

First up, a new column at tm3am.com. I've never had an easy time with simplicity in music, but I'm coming around, thanks in part to new albums from old friends. Jack White's new band The Dead Weather is a swampy, bluesy pile of awesome, and the Fiery Furnaces have finally returned to writing straightforward, live-sounding pop songs. Click on over to read my thoughts on both, then come back here and leave me a comment. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment