Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New Column: Back in Black

Another week has passed me by. My insane schedule should be clearing up soon. But of course, I said that last week, and look what happened.

Regardless, I did find time to write another (brief) column at tm3am.com, this one all about double albums and the Black Crowes. I have long maintained that the Crowes are the best rock 'n' roll band in the world, and they've done nothing to dissuade me this time. Their new record Before the Frost... Until the Freeze is a 20-song collection of new stuff recorded live, and it positively crackles with energy. While I like the first disc better than the second, the way they've chosen to release this thing leads to all kinds of philosophical discussions on double albums and why they still excite me.

Click on over to read it, then come back here and leave me a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Not commenting on the crowes, sorry...but on the podcast, which I listened to parts of earlier. I'm glad you at least enjoy japandroids. Personally I think the "shitrock" movement is legit, but like all subgenres there are artists that do it well and others that...do not. No Age, awesome...pains of being pure at heart/japandroids/vivian girls, good.....wavves? ugh, skip 'em.

    ReplyDelete