Wednesday, December 1, 2010

New Column: Ring Ting Tingling

I have a complex relationship with Christmas music.

I know, that's weird. Here's what I mean. I love Christmas music. Love it. But I only want to hear it at Christmas time, which starts, for me, the day after Thanksgiving. Hearing "Deck the Halls" in mid-October sends me into a rage. I think Christmas music should be a rare treat, available for only 30 days a year, and then quietly tucked away, waiting for the season to come round again. It's more special that way, see?

It's finally the season, though, so this week's tm3am.com column is my annual look at holiday offerings from some great artists. On tap this year are the Indigo Girls, KT Tunstall and Quiet Company, and I also took a listen to a various artists compilation prepared for Black Vinyl Friday, the day after Thanksgiving.

As always, click on over to the main site to read the column, and then head back here to leave me a comment. Fa la la la la!

No comments:

Post a Comment