Thursday, February 21, 2013

New Column: Animal Joy Part Two

And here is the second of my quick-hit animal-related review columns. This one focuses on a pair of bands I tried out on a whim, and a pair of new albums I'm not completely sold on. Foals (above) are an impressive outfit from Oxford, and their third record is called Holy Fire. It's more danceable and has more hit potential than anything they've done. And Local Natives hail from Los Angeles, and their second record is called Hummingbird. It's a more sedate affair, thanks largely to their choice of producer, and while it doesn't leave me cold, it does make me yawn.

As always, check out the column at the main site, then head back here to talk about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.

    Whhen I look at yokur blog site in Safari, it looks fine but when opening
    in Internet Explorer, itt has some overlapping. I just wanted to give yyou a quick eads up!

    Other then that, great blog!

    Feel free to surf to my weblo Temporary Agency Orange County

    ReplyDelete