Wednesday, February 6, 2013

New Column: They Found Now

My Bloody Valentine.

If you were around and listening to music in 1991, chances are good that those three words in that order mean a great deal to you. In '91, they released an album called Loveless that changed everything, influencing countless bands that came after them. And then they disappeared, evaporating into a cloud of broken promises and false hopes for more than 21 years.

And chances are, you were just as surprised as I was when, on Saturday night, My Bloody Valentine released their first new album in more than two decades. I can still hardly believe that it exists. But it's here, and it's real, and it's the subject of this week's column. Can it possibly live up to the classic that preceded it, and be worth the two-decade-long wait? (I'll give you a hint: the column is subtitled "My Bloody Valentine's Miraculous Return.")

Read all about it on the main tm3am site. Then head back here to leave me a comment. Then head to mybloodyvalentine.org and buy the damn thing, if you haven't already. After more than 21 years, the wait is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment