Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New Column: Uniform of Youth

Yes, it's true. I very much like Weezer's new album Raditude.

I know I'm going to have to defend this one more than any other this year, but this album hits the spot for me. Weezer has always been best when they focus on silly yet satisfying pop, and on the dopey Raditude, they deliver in ways they haven't since the Green Album. It's an incredibly stupid album, written from the point of view of a 15-year-old who hangs out at malls and tries to impress girls. But it's an incredibly catchy one too.

I've put forth my best defense at tm3am.com this week. I also reviewed the AMAZING new live album from R.E.M., and the soundtrack to New Moon. It's all wrapped up in the theme of feeling younger while getting older.

Click on over to read it, then come back here and leave a comment. You know you're going to want to after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment