Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Column: Fifty Second Week

And so we bring 2009 in for a landing with this odd annual tradition. I buy so much music during a given year that I just can't review it all over at tm3am.com, so every year I select 52 of the unreviewed records I've accumulated and burn through them in less than an hour. I give myself 50 seconds each to scribble down my thoughts, and the result is what I call Fifty Second Week. Hope you like it!

It's been a joy and a privilege to write this column for nine years. Thank you very much to all of you who have been reading, e-mailing and commenting on it in 2009. I'll be back January 11 with new stuff, and I'll hopefully find time to update this blog before then (and more frequently in 2010). But this will be my last missive of the year. Thanks again, and happy new year to you all.

Click on over to read Fifty Second Week, then come back here to comment.

2 comments:

  1. Year Ten Anniversary idea:

    Go back and re-listen to every album you have reviewed in your column. Write a column about any notable changes of opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete