Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New Mutemath: "The Nerve"

If you know me at all, you know one of my most anticipated albums this year is the sophomore effort from New Orleans quartet Mutemath. Their self-titled debut was virtually perfect, and they've taken ages crafting the follow-up, but it will be out on August 18.

The album is called Armistice. The single is "The Nerve." Hear it here.

On first listen, it has a truckload of energy, but no melody, and some ill-advised lyrics. I'm sort of let down, but I didn't like "Typical," the first single from the self-titled, all that much the first time either. I note that with "Spotlight" (from the Twilight soundtrack) making the cut, Armistice now sports two high-energy, heavy-rhythm, melody-deficient tunes. Hope it's not a trend...

1 comment:

  1. Well, that's certainly been said before. Care to elaborate?

    ReplyDelete